Saturday, December 22, 2012

Happy Holidays!

Inspired by this Happy Holidays post by Yvonne DeVita on the Lipsticking blog, about the commercialization of the season's festive time, and in the tradition of the CSR Reporting Blog Happy Christmas Post (2009), and the Seasons Greetings Post (2011), I would like to wish all the CSR Reporting Blog readers:
 
Happy Holidays!

This is a time to reflect on the joys of life and the joys of publishing Sustainability Reports. A time to be merry and indicator-driven. This is a time to eat well and edit well, engage with friends and dialogue with all stakeholders, think about what's important to you and call it material, recommit to your higher purpose and approve your reporting budget. 

However, for those of you who will not be having holidays this month, in the interests of diversity and inclusion, this is also for you.  


To readers travelling to an exotic climate this holiday period: Happy Getaways!
To readers who like to pick up gadgets at conferences: Happy Giveaways!
To readers driving around this holiday period: Happy Right of Ways!
To readers interested in energetic radiation: Happy Alpha Rays!
To readers interested in protecting endangered fish species: Happy Manta Rays!
To my punctual readers: Happy No Delays!
To my shipwrecked readers: Happy Castaways!
To readers who like to eat Chinese food at home: Happy Takeaways!
To my health-conscious readers: Happy Vitamin K's!
To readers who enjoy a little drama: Happy Passion Plays!
To readers who want to get what they deserve: Happy Merit Pays!
To readers who like it hot: Happy Gamma Rays!
To readers interested in genetics: Happy DNAs!
To readers getting married this holiday season: Happy Fiances!
To my vegetarian readers: Happy Cheese Souffles!
To readers buying a new car this holiday: Happy Chevrolets!
To my secretive readers: Happy CIAs!
To my cordon bleu readers: Happy Fish Fillets!
To readers with new hairstyles: Happy Hairsprays!
To readers who will be helping Santa this year: Happy Electric Sleighs!
To my technology readers: Happy Computer Displays!
To my wig-wearing readers: Happy Toupees!
To my North American readers: Happy USAs!
To my readers in politics: Happy Power Plays!
To my wine connoisseur readers: Happy Cabernets!
To my polyglot readers: Happy Francais!
To my lazy readers: Happy Cliches!
To my still smoking readers: Happy Ashtrays!
To my medical readers: Happy X-rays!
To my ate-too-many-candies-when-you-were-a-kid readers: Happy Tooth Decays!
To readers who like a good musical show: Happy Cabarets!
To my renewable energy user readers: Happy Solar Arrays!
To readers who like to engage with stakeholders: Happy Surveys!
To readers with something to say: Happy Communiques!
To readers interested in the science of proteins: Happy Urokinase!
To readers with kids: Happy Spaghetti Bolognese!
To readers who use public transport: Happy Railways!


And for all the Chief Sustainability Officers who read this blog...Happy Hideaways!

And finally, for anyone who doesn't celebrate anything in the Holiday Season:

Happy Holidays Anyways!






elaine cohen, CSR consultant, winning (CRRA'12) Sustainability Reporter, HR Professional, Ice Cream Addict. Author of CSR for HR: A necessary partnership for advancing responsible business practices  Contact me via www.twitter.com/elainecohen   on Twitter or via my business website www.b-yond.biz  (Beyond Business Ltd, an inspired CSR consulting and Sustainability Reporting firm)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails